« Home 

Friday, May 19, 2006 

The $5 A Day Project

I'm a normal guy with a normal job. But that's all about to change. Like most people I've grown tired of the standard 9-5 work schedule. I don't want to come into an office anymore. It's time to take the first steps to freedom, and here's how I plan to do it.

Each week I will attempt to come up with and implement a new idea designed to make $5 per day without any additional work. Brainstorming can take as long as required, but implementing it should take less than 20 hours (after all I still have my day job). After one year, I should be able to quit my job. Here's how the math works out:

$5 per day * 365 days a year = $1825 per year
$1825 a year per idea * 52 ideas in a year = $94,900

So nearly a six figure residual income. Time to get started.