« Home | Adsense Sharing - Jumping On Someone Else's Bandwagon » | Examine Yourself To Understand Your Money Making O... » | Quality vs Quantity Of Earning » | The $5 A Day Project » 

Thursday, May 25, 2006 

Project 1: Content Before Traffic

Some of you may already have your own website or blog, but if you don't, that's the first thing you've need to do. Creating original content and then putting ads on your site is probably the simplest, most common way to make a pretty penny residually (other than savings and wise investment of course). There are tons of free web hosts and blogs out there so you have no excuses. The trick is, you want to make more than just a penny.

Once you have a website, how do you start making money. The majority of people will tell you, get a lot of traffic and then people will click on your ads. That's true, but they've skipped a crucial step. In March I had the good fortune for my site, scratchProjects.com, to get on the front page of Digg. According to Google I got about 19,000 page impressions and made about $25 that day. It was awesome. Unfortunately, my site only had 3 tutorials at the time. People came because I had a good idea, but left because it was still in the infant stages of it's execution.

Without any content, it's impossible to maintain high traffic levels. Every time a put a new article on my site I see a sustained increase. My last couple projects have been quickly thrown together, just to add more pages. But, there is a definite correlation between the quality of an article and the amount of traffic and click through generated. This week I'm going to spend some time make a quality tutorial on a topic that I believe is in high demand, "How to Program an RSS Reader in C#".

It's possible to earn $5 a day with
ladderprofit.weebly

Post a Comment